Thursday, April 8, 2010

CZECH REPUBLIC IMAGES - 2008

Here are some photos I took in the Czech Republic on my immediate post retirement trip. I think that it is a very beautiful country to visit and in the towns almost every street corner has an interesting picture round it. The top photo is a close up of the detail on a Russian doll - the sort with an identical collection of small versions inside. I rather like my close up shots of various dolls and also the night time shot of Prague Castle. It is posible to take lots of photos at night in central Prague as so many buildings are floodlit. The Castle shot was a slow exposure hand held but resting on the railings along the river bank. I had several attempts but this was the best result.

I know that these photos are now dated in terms of my travels but never the less it is nice to share them.
1. Russian Doll
2.-4 The lovely village of Telc. Very picturesque and is the place I spent my birthday (12 October). I would happily go back again. I stayed in one of the delightful buildings on the main square and shown in picture 3.

5. Ceske Kromlov a small town or large village which is a very popular tourist day trip.
6. Ollamouc is a small city which tries to attract tourists, but is a bit out of the way for most.
7. Prague Castleby night.
8. Jazz band busking on the Charles Bridge, one of the main tourist areas
9. Looking down on the city, river and bridges.
10. A back street in Prague.
11. The main square in the Old Town area of Prague.


No comments:

Post a Comment