Monday, April 12, 2010

A PLANNING HICK UP

Today there was a bit of a problem with the trip planning.
 
My visa application to enter Russia was returned  by courier at 8am with the comment that the inviting host company was not recognised. This was already my second application. Time is running out!
 
I emailed Pasvik Turist, the Norwegian travel company which I am arranging the Russian visit through. They are located in Kirkenes, just minutes from the Russian border in Northern Noway.
 
Amazingly, by 8pm, they had sent me a reissued invitiation with a changed Russian tour company number.
 
Now, I will be able to get it couriered off tomorrow morning.
 
It takes seven days to be worked on by the Russian Embassy, so it just has time to get back to me before departure date.
 
If it is rejected once more, then I will spend an extra day in the village of Inari in the Sami area of Finland, then move on to Kirkenes and have more time for local tours.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment