Sunday, May 9, 2010

SOME MORE ON SATURDAY.

Lots of people out walking which seems to be the thing for locals and tourists.
The central old town is easy to walk around although some streets are crowded
and others less so. I suspect that tourists flow along certain routes.

There is a park area which circles the old town. Here I enjoyed looking at large
beds of bright yellow tulips. It is also filled with trees which must provide
welcome shade and coolness in summer and wonderful colours in autumn.

Called into a small but interesting photography bookshop and bought a couple of
flick books and saw a book on the history of cameras which I would love to
have. Several of mine were listed in it.

There was another bride and groom plus photographer and assistant walking around
the main square.

There seems to be a trumpet fanfare played from the cathedral tower every hour.
The sound echos around the buildings adjoining the square. Incidentally, the
cathedral charges for visits and for photography and for video.

I was standing looking in a shop door and turned around and was facing a young
woman with bright colour hair – sort of orange I think. She said hello and I
asked if she was a student, which she was but not here. I commented that form
the way she was dressed I assumed that she was celebrating Student Days. Her
boy friend said that she always dressed that way and she said she came from
USA. I liked her sort of Elizabethan clothing and yes she was happy to let me
photographer. She is an alternative part time model back home. Later in the day
we past again and she called out a cheerful 'hello',

In the main square around 5"30pm there was a crowd gathered watching a group
of boys doing hip hop. Impressive but not something I would watch too long. I
spotted some young children chasing and feeding the pigeons as they do here. I
worked out who their mother was and checked that it was alright to take photos.
It was.

Another observation was how busy the streets were at 9:30pm. Lots of people of
all ages but especially teens were dressed up and out of the town. They seemed
to be having lots of enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment